Possibly in a move to counter what some perceive as bad company news, there are been a lot of activity in documenting the new featrues of Delphi 2006. This is certainly a positive sign: keep working with Delphi and helping the community.
Borland's own BDN site has published the following articles:
Borland Data Provider 2.5 Features
, by the BDP architect Ramesh Theivendran, introduces all of the new BDP features in details
- Flowing with Delphi, by Ed Vander Hoek, covers the new FlowPanel and GridPanel VCL controls
- The New TTrayIcon Component in BDS 2006, by Ed Vander Hoek, discusses this new VCL component
There is also an earlier article on the new memory manager by its author, Pierre la Riche.
To my Delphi 2006 ebook (which already covers new language and RTL features for Win32 development) I've added over the last few days chapters on:
- The new features of the VCL (including margins, paddings, new panels, tryicon, and many smaller improvements)
- Updates in the .NET RTL libraries to support CF
- New Delphi 2006 Refactorings, mostly based on Together
- A couple of database related chapters will be loaded over the next few days, stay tuned to the UpdateDelphi2006.html page of my personal site for more details and updates.