Embarcadero has released Update 3 for Delphi XE2, continuing with an almost monthly update cycle. The new update is a whopping 412 MB and you can get it in the Registered Users page (specifically at http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/28670) and with the Check for Updates featuer of the IDE. There is also a new ISO with the updated product installation image. As in the recent updates, the PAServer and FireMonkey portions of the installation that you need to install on a Mac must be set up manually.
What's in this new update? A new standard iOS style more complaint with platform standards (a significant feature for iOS developers), a new VCL style, and a ton of bug fixes. There is also an extension for the dialog modal results enumeration (for both VCL and FireMonkey). A very detailed description is at http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE2/en/Release_Notes_for_XE2_Update_3 while the list of fixes is at http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41831/. Among the fixes I noticed:
- Fixes in Version Info in the Project Options
- Fixes in VCL Styles
- Fixes in 64- bit debugger and in the memory manager (for 64-bit apps using more than 4GB)
- Compiler fixes for generics, 64-bit, and more
Of course there are also many expected FireMonkey fixes, including some that were really needed and some relevant ones for iOS. Some of those I was waiting for are:
- TEdit: SelectAll should not be called when clicking on an edit
- TCheckbox should check on Mouse Up
- FMI: bad quality of loading image on iPad
- Having a ShowMessage with short text containing spaces, the text is wrapped but height is not adjusted.
In other words, this is another must-have update.