Notable Delphi blog posts of the last week, trying to turn this into a regular series, given I was doing this anyway, but on a less regular base. You can consider this as a Delphi blog post guide from the Delphi Product Manager. Or just a list of things you might have missed and worth checking. (BTW, Feel free to email me any blog post worth future inclusion, but if your blog is on Delphi Feeds I should have it on my radar):
- Cary Jensen's blog post on special subclassing scenarios using interceptor classes at caryjensen.blogspot.it/2014/01/two-approaches-to-sub-classing.html. This is a very detailed analysis of the differences between the two approaches, a full feature article form Cary's blog, as usual. As someone mentioned on the Delphi Google+ community (great online place to dwell these days) he could have also included class helpers, but maybe this is for the next article.
- Thierry from Embarcadero France is starting a series on application design. HIs for post is on some FireMonkey design. Worth following for the future. Link is blogs.embarcadero.com/tlaborde/2014/01/17/the-fridays-design-1-firemonkey-desktop-and-mobile-design-with-delphi-xe5/
- Vsevolod from our Russian office has translated to English an absolutely great and in-depth session originally by Dmitry Arefiev (FireDAC R&D) on the features and configuration of LocalSQL, that is the ability execute complex SQL statements against multiple in memory tables (like joins among memory tables). This is great, as those tables might come from eterogeneus data sources, for example using REST client calls and local data at the same time. The English language video is on YouTube at www.youtube.com/watch
- David I has a nice post on using the REST Debugger to prototype REST applications, at blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2014/01/17/43254/
- An IDE trick revisited by Jim: side-by-side code editors, at delphi.org/2014/01/maximized-side-by-side-code-editing/
- Delphi memory initialization hints by Jacob of Castalia developers at delphiblog.twodesk.com/delphi-insight-when-is-memory-initialized
- FireMonkey grid font trick by Mike Sutton (if I understand it right) at monkeystyler.com/guide/Changing-the-Default-Grid-Font
- BlueTooth with Delphi Android video by Bjorn at www.youtube.com/watch?v=vesPd5WvykA (this is an old one, but I had not seen it before David I blog post this week)
- Daniele Teti on sending Android intents with Delphi at www.danieleteti.it/2014/01/13/sending-android-intents-from-delphi-part-2/
- Alphabetic grouping ListView contents with LiveBindings by Sarina at blogs.embarcadero.com/sarinadupont/2014/01/08/adding-alphabetical-ordering-to-your-databound-listviews/
That's quite a long list, but I think all of these were worth mentioning... and I skipped more other relevant Delphi blog posts. More next week.