Don't know if you've had the same impression, but after the announcements that CodeGear will offer solutions for scripting languages I noticed a lot of blog activity on this topic:
- Richard Vowles posted about Ruby support and Ruby on Rails support in InterBase.
- David I talks about new programming languages.
Joe McGlynn covers Ruby and Rails and writes 10 lines of code and then some.
- CodeGear is looking for an expert Delphi developer with PHP knowledge.
- Andreano Lanusse uses InterBase from PHP, also here.
- Pawel Glowacki posts a very nice list of PHP resources.
Finally, Nick Hodges (why your blog entries don't end up in the main page of the CodeGear blog?), has a convoluted post saying that "on the Delphi/BDS side of things [we] are indeed looking at new languages and the like. But so are the JBuilder guys. They might do one thing on the Eclipse side, and we might do another on the Windows side." If I understand, this means that BDS and Primetime, the two current IDEs, might end up hosting different languages. With many Java developer quite active on Ruby and many former Delphi programmers doing PHP I might have some suspicion...
Meanwhile, I was tagged by Allen on the "5 things", so I'll have to respond... will do that tomorrow.